Grandma Pecan Bars with Extra Zing
As a youngster (too many years ago), the dessert I yearned for most of all was my grandma’s pecan bars. The juicy, sweet, and nutty taste of them raised the bar (bar… get it?) for all other sweet dishes in my life. I hope she’d be proud of the fact that I’ve taken some creative steps and transitioned this recipe so it not only lifts the bar (yes … again) on a culinary level but also in a more spiritual sense.
Canna Recipes | Vegeterian
For the crust:
2½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
½ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
1½ cups light brown sugar, packed
5 tbsp cannabutter
3 tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup honey
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 lb pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust: Combine all the crust ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process on low until it forms a crumbly mix—but (and this is important!) stop before the mixture comes together into a dough.
- Line a 9-inch × 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and scatter the dough crumbs on top of it. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of it and press down firmly and evenly with your fingers. Remove the upper parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges become golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Make the filling: While the crust is getting crusty, combine all the filling ingredients except the pecans in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for a good 5 minutes, or until the mixture liquifies. Then, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute more to let it thicken a bit. Stir in the pecans and remove from the heat.
- Don’t let the crust cool: immediately after you take it out of the oven, pour the topping into the crust and spread it evenly using a spatula or a tablespoon. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice into squares and serve.
Potency: If you’re using a 15% THC strain, this recipe yields approximately 21mg of THC per serving. See how to calculate potency.